Saturday, May 24, 2008

Well, it's summer (for me, at least).

I've been online shopping for camp-stuff a lot. I'm praying that my credit card bill gets lost in mail or something... because I've bought a lot of crap and I can't afford any of it!

Oh and I'm watching Tila Tequila on MTV. There's a contestant from a nearby town whose occupation is listed as a "transportation executive." What the hell is a transportation executive? It sounds remarkably like "Bus Driver." I might be wrong.

Now the reason for this post - I'm dreading my shift tomorrow and here's why:

-First of all, during my shift is a work detail to get everything clean and ready for the Memorial Day Parade. Now, I love remembering our fallen soldiers as much as the next guy, but I'm not looking forward to being the probie that has to clean those ambulances and the rescue truck.

-Second of all, everyone's going to ask if I'm going to the Memorial Day parade. I'm not... but I don't want to tell them why. The reason is that I don't want to. I think I might tell them that I just don't have my uniform tie. That's a better reason, right? I didn't think so...

-Lastly, I just have a bad feeling about it. I don't know why, I just do. Maybe its because it's MDW and I anticipate that being a problem. IDK...but when I have one of my gut feelings, it's usually pretty accurate.

I added two new blogs to the blog roll. Medic 61 writes two awesome blogs that I read for the first time today...I'm already hooked. If anyone actually reads my blog, you should check hers out.

1 comment:

Medic61 said...

Oh thank you so much for the links! I'm so glad you like them :)

And I hope your gut feeling turns out to be nothing.