Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Medic61 is awesome.

Medic61 (aka the only person who reads my blog) posted a comment on my last post about how if it's meant to be, it'll happen...or something.
I read the comment. Out loud, I yelled "bullshit!" and I walked away. No more then 10 minutes later, I checked my e-mail. There's an e-mail from a community college in South Jersey (about two hours away). Oh shitballs, I thought, I'm not going to goddamn community college two hours from my house... I'm already going to a four-year college in NY. I was going to just delete it, but I accidentally missed the little check-box thing and the e-mail opened. The e-mail talked about this opportunity that this particular college has to take PARAMEDIC classes online (for the classroom based classes, which is like two classes), then the ones that require that I be on campus during the summer. How sweet is that?
I definitely have to look into it, because its a two hour drive... but Medic61 is like a prophet or something.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Go for the on campus classes!! I can't stress enough how important face to face time with your instructor is for the topics covered in paramedic class. Many of the students I have while on the medic still have trouble understanding some of the material and they get face time with their instructor. We have to try and fill in the gaps for them. You want to be as prepared as possible for your field time when you get to it. It will make you more prepared for the questions you'll get. I hope this all works out for you. Good luck!

Medic61 said...

Haha yes! I'm so excited for you/proud of myself ;) *brushes shoulder off* I SO saw that coming.

When I got denied acceptance to my #1 choice college (like the "I would kill to get in" school), I knew my life was over. My mom told me the same thing and I was like "yeah, okay mom, whatever." I then got into this "lame" school. Turns out by going to this "safety school" of mine, I found my two loves--EMS and Leadership Studies. If I hadn't been rejected at William and Mary, I probably never would have figured out my life plan in EMS.

Please let us know how it goes! I'm so pumped for you :)