Saturday, June 7, 2008

The Loose Ends of My Life

Camp Starts In 6 Days!
There are two weeks of staff training, though. WTF?!? I really don't want to have to do all the real staff training, but whatever. I wish I got there three days early to organize the health lodge, talk with the medical director, and otherwise get ready.

I'm still excited about when the kids get there. I've been singing camp songs at the top of my lungs all week.

I really hope no one gets too hurt... obviously, some cuts and scrapes and the occasional bee sting is inevitable, but I'm really hoping that no kid gets too sick/hurt.

Luckily, my day off is going to be from 8p on Saturday to 8p on Sunday. That means I might be able to get out to the Rocky Horror Picture Show on a weekend and I will be able to ride my shift ever Sunday.

So my shift tomorrow - I don't know how its going to go. First of all, it's a big event in the town that I work in (herein called "Town"). So, they're expecting Town Day to draw in upwards of 20,000 people this year. It's going to be 94 degrees, and isolated thunder storms. Great. To top it off, I'll be running the calls for the town during the event, too - all five of our rigs (plus our heavy rescue and probably all three boats) will be there, but I'm on the duty crew on one of them, the others will sit there or be used as needed. So, with the way it goes, I'll either be there or not be there all day (because I either get back-to-back-to-back-times-seven calls in a shift, or nothing). Beyond that, even, it's Puerto Rican Day tomorrow. That means that its going to be IMPOSSIBLE to get to the trauma center (which is where we also bring the majority of the charity care patients as well as the cardiac pts, and any other really sick people), all because of the parade. So, this means we need to try to navigate around this nearby city to get to the hospital. That's a problem.

I went out for milkshakes at the diner last night with two people who I never really saw outside of school. It was actually really fun.

No comments: