Wednesday, June 11, 2008

I just flipped out on the teller from my local bank. I tried to cash my graduation checks, and they wouldn't let me because, according to their records, I am a minor and therefore a parent or guardian must co-sign checks for me to get cash. That's ridiculous. Aside from the fact that I am not a minor (I am 18), the checks are made out to me, not my parents. I cashed $1,000 in checks the other day without a co-signature. I can get forcibly drafted into the Army (which I'm not necessarily opposed to), but I can't possibly cash a check, because that's just ridiculous. I can drive a two thousand pound motor vehicle which could literally kill tens of people, but cashing a check is just too much for me to handle. I can be employed, make my own money, and be completely self-sufficient, but I'm not allowed to use the money that I earn. I got in her face and was like "Princess, if you had an emergency, I could be the sole provider in the back of the ambulance. I'm allowed to have that much responsibility from the state, but you don't think I should be allowed to have my own money?" She told me she was going to call the police.

No comments: